April 21, 2012

“Life is infinitely strangerthan anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare toconceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. Ifwe could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this greatcity, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer thingswhich are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, thecross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working throughgenerations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make allfiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most staleand unprofitable.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures ofSherlock Holmes

 Northern New York has been rainy, gloomy, and cold today.  Leo had the right idea and took two long naps.  This allowed for cleaning, reading, and cooking for me.  I'm reading Jodi Picoult's Lone Wolf and Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff.  Both are very enjoyable.  However, I don't think Lone Wolf will be a favorite amongst the Picoult books.  Leo was able to undo what I organized in moments.  We had a great day together.  He is standing on his own and walking if you hold one of his hands.  When he eats in his high chair he says "MUMUMUM" (yum yum yum) and squeals with laughter.  He also loves to wrestle with his dad.
Right now Leo and I are watching "The Dancing Men."  A rainy day is the perfect opportunity to sit back and watch Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes.  Although he is not replaced, PBS had a new series called Sherlock.  When it was suggested that I should watch the series, I thought I wouldn't enjoy a modern twist on Doyle's stories.  I enjoyed the series, in spite of myself.  Season Two begins this May.

No comments:

Post a Comment